FHA minimum credit score is 500. New FHA policy requires a minimum credit of 500 to buy a home or refinance. In the old days FHA did not require any credit score. These changes went in to effect in 2010.
To buy a home you will need a minimum credit score of 500.
Borrowers with credit score above 580 require a 3.5% down payment. The funds can be a gift from a family member and a 6% seller's concession is allowed. Often, 12 months of rental history is required for credit score below 620.
If you have credit scores below 580 new FHA changes require a 10% down payment. All funds must be the borrower's own funds. No gifts are allowed and no seller's concession allowed. Many times 3 to 6 months reserves may be required.
FHA changed it's collection account guidelines. Going forward all collection accounts within the last two years must be paid off. All collection accounts totaling over $1,000.00 must be paid off. Collection accounts that total less than $1,000.00 and are over two years old may not have to be paid off.
If you have collection accounts that are not paid off - FHA allows you to set up a payment arrangement to qualify. By setting up a payment arrangement FHA will allow you to make three on time monthly payments to qualify for a FHA loan.
• Personal tax returns for the past 2 years
• Current pay stubs for the past month
• Bank statements for last 2 months (all pages)
• Latest retirement statement for each active account (all pages)
• Sales contract
• Clear copy of Driver’s License (front and back)
• Clear copy of SS card (front and back)
• Addresses and loan information of other real estate owned (if any)
Call us 888.958.5382
Mortgage World Home Loans is an online mortgage company specializing in FHA loans for first time home buyers. To buy a house with 3.5% down payment and a minimum credit score of 580 using an FHA loan, apply online.
We look forward to working with you.
FHA Down Payment Guidelines 2016, FHA Down Payment Guidelines 2016, FHA Florida Down Payment Guidelines 2016, FHA Florida Down Payment Guidelines 2016
* FHA requirements new borrowers will now be required to have a minimum credit score of 580 to qualify for 3.5% down payment
* FHA loan requirements new borrowers with less than a 580 credit score will be required to put down at least 10%
Requires a minimum credit score of 500 to buy a home or refinance
A collection is minor in nature usually does not need to be paid off as a condition for loan approval
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy at least two years must have elapsed since the discharge date
Foreclosure must have been resolved for at least 3 years
Government loan: Seasoning is determined by the date the claim was paid
Loans other than Government: Seasoning is determined by the date of sale the lender sold the property
FHA guidelines requires three year past from the date of sale of the property